The Way of Salvation
Joh 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
Now put your name in the place where the word WHOSOEVER is. Therefore, if YOU believe in Him, you will have everlasting life. This word believeth is a word that actually means to receive into your heart, and not merely to believe with your head.
The way to do this is to kneel down, pray, and say “Lord Jesus, I now believe by receiving you into my heart.”
And then it says in Romans 10:13 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
To call is to pray, to ask.
Notice also, that it does not say “feel” saved but BE saved. It does not depend on feelings but on faith. “He that believeth.”
Eph 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:”
Salvation is a free gift from God – BECAUSE Jesus Christ died on the cross of Calvary, and took our sins upon Himself so that we can be forgiven of our sins.
We are living in the last days, and Jesus warns his disciples to be ready for His coming. He said in His word “In the last days perilous times will come” 2 Tim 3:1-4.
Matthew 24:3 Jesus was telling his disciples of His second coming, and they said “Tell us, when shall these things be, and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and for the end of the world?”
Jesus gave them certain signs, which have already been fulfilled. In brief, they are:
1. World war. 1st World war 1914-1918
2. Second world war 1939-1945
3. Wickedness of man on the earth. Murders, rapes, immorality, drugs, alcohol abuse, hijackings, burglaries, parents killing their children, children killing their parents, child abuse, terrorism, and so the list goes on.
4. Natural disasters: Earthquakes, floods ‘pestilences’ such as mad cow disease, SARS – respiratory illness.
5. Social disasters: AIDS – millions affected.
Luke 21:36 Jesus said, “Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.” i.e. Be ready for Him.
You have probably read the text that says “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.” Joh 3:3. This is how you get born again, by calling on the name of the Lord by faith.
Read John chapter 10
You are born into a new life with Jesus. Jesus becomes your Shepherd, and you become His sheep. Jesus says “I am the good Shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine … And I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.” As your Shepherd, you will want to follow Him and obey Him and please Him.
John 14:21 Jesus says “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father,” In verse 23 Jesus continues “ If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him,”.
Now that you have entered into a new life with Jesus, He says “I will never leave thee or forsake thee” Heb 13:5.
As you follow Him He will meet your every need. Put Him first – as He said in Matthew 6:25-33 “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.” And Phil 4:19 “My God shall supply all your need…”
How to live the new life
- Read the Bible every day. Besides being a light for our way, it is food for the soul. “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:” (1 Peter 2:2) Ask God to guide and teach you by His Holy Spirit, as you read.
- Come near to God in prayer every day, praying in the name of Jesus. “Be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” (Phil 4:6-7)
- Speak to others about Christ. “Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.” (Mark 5:19)
- In temptation, call on the Lord. “For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.” (Heb 2:18)
- If you do sin again, confess it quickly to God. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
- Try to associate with other believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.” (John 15:12)
- Always obey God. “If a man love me, he will keep my words” (John 14:23)
- Do not be afraid, for Christ is with you. “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” (Heb 13:5)
- Give yourself completely to the Lord Jesus. Let Him direct your life according to His will. In this way, you will find true happiness.